- Senior Program Officer for Knowledge & Learning, Global Philanthropy Project
A collaboration of funders and philanthropic advisors working to expand global philanthropic support to advance the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) people in the Global South and East.
- Partner, The Lafayette Practice
July 2013-May 2015
The Lafayette Practice specializes in advising on philanthropic strategy and management.
- Development Coordinator, William Way LGBT Community Center, Philadelphia, PA
August 2013 – December 2014
- Director of Grassroots Fundraising, Sylvia Rivera Law Project, NYC, NY.
- Founding Director, The Self-Education Foundation, Philadelphia, PA. (1998-2003)
This public foundation raised and distributed $30,000 in grants to over 80 grassroots organizations, sent four local youth leaders to the 2005 INCITE! (Women of Color Against Violence) Conference, and supported ten grassroots education-activist programs as a fiscal sponsor.
Documentation about SEF:
- The Practice of Freedom: A History of the Self Education Foundation (enoughenough.org, 2010)
- Interview with SEF Director (Life Learning Magazine, 2002)
- Social Change Philanthropy and How It’s Done (Allison Goldberg, Foundation News; 2002)
- Where Help is Felt Most (Christian Science Monitor; 2000)
- SEF’s origins in No More Prisons (William Upski Wimsatt, 1999)
- Leeway Foundation, Philadelphia, PA (2019-)
- Resource Generation, Boston, MA (2004-2006)
- New Society Educational Foundation, Philadelphia, PA (1999-2005)
- Fundraising mentor for Jews for Racial & Economic Justice Grace Paley Organizing Fellowship. (2012-2013)
- Co-facilitated online fundraising workshop for Leeway Foundation with Yaba Amgborale Blay. (2012)
- Co-facilitated a webinar on Web-Based Fundraising Tools and Strategies for Media Action Grassroots Network (MAG-Net) with Yasmeen Perez. (2012)
- Worked with Mariposa Food Coop Expansion Committee to successfully meet the fundraising goals of the first phase of Mariposa’s Capital Campaign. (2011)
- Co-facilitated a fundraising training for Hummingbird Collective: Migrant Justice Solidarity Working Group with Yasmeen Perez. (2011)
- “Funding the Unpopular: Innovative Models of Funding.” Queer Dreams and Nonprofit Blues Conference. Columbia University Law School. (2013)
- “Creative Fundraising Strategies; How to do serious fundraising while having fun! with: ALP, QEJ, FIERCE & SRLP.” Money & The Movement Conference: Grassroots Fundraising in Times of Economic Crisis. Brecht Forum. (2009)
- “Young Donor Organizing. ” Council on Foundations Annual Conference. (2002)
TRAININGS & CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Money for Our Movements: A Social Justice Fundraising Conference (2010)
- Money & The Movement: Grassroots Fundraising in Times of Economic Crisis (2009)
- Raising Change: A Social Justice Fundraising Conference (2008)
- Advanced Grassroots Fundraising Training by Kim Klein and Stephanie Roth (2007)
- Securing Assets for Grassroots Empowerment (SAGE) Training, presented by Kim Klein (2001)